Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Dentist

I don't know when the last time I went to the dentist was, at least not for routine care. I had three of my wisdom teeth pulled 3 1/2 years ago, and I had another tooth pulled about 10 years ago. I have a tooth that started giving me trouble several months ago, but it's been manageable, so I've put off taking care of it. My dental insurance kicked in a month ago, so I decided to bite the bullet and go in. My major criteria for picking a dentist was sedation. Knock my happy little butt out before poking around in my mouth. I had x-rays and a thorough cleaning, and hopefully it won't be long before I can get that tooth fixed or pulled (I'd like to keep it, but financially that will be easier said than done).

Considering my limited criteria, I chose well. The hygienist was so careful not to hurt me and backed off whenever something did hurt. I can birth a child without batting an eye, but even slight oral pain kills me. Go figure. Anyway, I keep looking at my teeth in the mirror. They look so much better since being cleaned. They aren't super white, but they're whiter than they've been in years. Now I can't wait to get the rest of it done.

On a humorous note, he said that he would advise me the way he would his sister. I couldn't help hoping that his sister didn't torment him when they were kids.