Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Cleaning House

I went on a blitz-clean this weekend. I'm not very good at getting myself motivated to clean house, I'd rather read blogs, especially when it's just about cleaning. Sunday, though, I was racing the clock. I had certain things that I especially wanted to get done, so I challenged myself. Our apartment complex has a laundry room downstairs, so while the clothes were washing, I challenged myself to get certain things done before the clothes were ready to go in the dryer. I sprayed the bathroom down with Scrubbing Bubbles (OK, not the most eco-friendly choice, but it does the job) and closed the door. While it was doing its job, I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, cleaned out the kitchen sink and cleaned out the fridge. After that I went back and wiped down the bathroom and then went to clean the litter box. I was just finishing up when hubby called time. Two rooms and a litter box clean in 25 minutes. Not bad.

Even better, I followed up yesterday. While my lunch was in the microwave, I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, grabbed a rag and wiped down the bathroom and scooped the litter box. Less than 10 minutes.

That doesn't mean my house is clean, far from it. I still have piles everywhere. But when I set myself a time limit and try to accomplish just as much as I possibly can, I'm always amazed at how far I get.

Labels: