Saturday, February 10, 2007

Talk with the Boss

So it seems I have underestimated Ms. Coworker from hades. My boss called me in to his office for a talk. It was actually really good, I was able to tell him what was going on from my side, and he seemed to really understand. He had a lot of really good insight. He told me that he expects us to do whatever it takes to work things out next week while he's halfway across the country doing depositions. He talked to me first because I told him I was going to try to leave early (it didn't happen). He said he was going to have the exact same talk with her. He seems to think that we have the potential to make a terrific team and to learn a great deal from each other, if only we can find some common ground. I agree with him. I've been thinking the same thing for a long time, I just didn't know how to go about confronting the issue. Now I know that the how isn't important. I'm a little nervous about Monday, but also really looking forward to clearing the air. Stay tuned to find out what happens.

Labels: